I enjoyed a delicious dinner of chicken kabobs and artichokes (if you can't tell I really like artichokes) compliments of Chef Haakey. We had his family over for the evening and his sister helped the kids make a gift for me. A flower pot and a pot holder with hand prints on it. Very cute! His mother gave me a mother-in-laws tongue...... now, even though we have had some health issues with her tongue recently (which I will write about at a future date) this is a lovely house plant and nothing else.
If you have been to my house you know that I have a soft spot for plants. I just like greenery around. So it was the perfect gift. She told me that it is called the mother-in-laws tongue because is is sharp and to the point. We are choosing to say that in this instance sharp means clever. Midge does have a great sense of humor! I have already mentioned how glad I am to have her in the family. I always tell her that I owe all the good parts of Haakon to her! We gave her a beautiful pale pink geranium and she almost started to cry. We share a love of plants! Haakon gave his mom, sister and me a dozen roses each. He is so thoughtful!
I also sent flowers to my own sweet mother down in Utah. I love you mom! One of the few sorrows of living in Alaska is that I wish she and the rest of my family were closer!
And of course, I can't go without mentioning those who made this day possible......
my adorable children!
They were soooo cute today! I wish I could say that they sat like angels at church for me but no..... they had to remind me of the patience it takes to have the title of "mother." I AM SO LUCKY!!!
Hope your day was as wonderful! You all deserve it!
I just added some great thoughts for moms on the right of my blog. Enjoy!


7 comments:
I'm so glad you had a wonderful mother's day! That is quite ironic what Midge got you..it took my breath away when you wrote that! Your kids were fine during church..Connor on the other hand talked the whole way through sacrament meeting! We do deserve those flowers once a year!
Happy Mother's Day Lindsay. You do have cute kids.
I had no idea you had a green thumb. Your kids are very lucky to have you for a mom. I was wondering when church gets more relaxing. I guess I better just sit tight and enjoy the wild ride.
Oh my that is cute of your kids.
Kritta22@hotmail.com is my email.
I wish I had your butt! So don't even start!!
Darling photo--they look so great!!
Post a Comment