Thursday, May 29, 2008

T's ER visit


Split lip when his face met the corner of a chair in an unfriendly way!

The original concern from the doc was that since it had crossed the lip line he might need to go to a plastic surgeon. Luckily,it was fixed with a little glue instead! Whew! The hardest part was making Torsten sit with a cotton ball and tape stuck to his face to numb his lip so that they could put it back together. Fourty-five minutes of that torture! (It was supposed to be 20 but the ER was crazy that night and they forgot about us.)

Even though it drove him crazy he was a trooper and his lip looks really good three weeks later.
(Tough guy!)

First and last ER visit? One can only hope!

6 comments:

Robin said...

So they're using glue these days? Who knew...not me. Poor little guy. Those darn chairs. I'm glad he is feeling better and I'm glad you both survived the E.R.

Bonnie said...

Oh no! Poor Torsten! Glad it was an easy fix though...Side note: I can't believe how big he is getting!!

Michelle Petersen said...

Our sons have matching scars! :( Torsten's will probably look better than Corey's - we didn't take him to the ER; it would not have gone well.

I agree with Bonnie - he's looking so grown up all of a sudden, even since the last time we saw you guys!

WillandTara said...

Ask Cassie about glue and kids. I thinks she has taken her kids over 5 times this year to get something glued together. Torsten is off to an early start.

Smedley Family said...

I was wondering if you were going to post this. Those darn Smedley's and their chairs! I'm so sorry!!!!!!! It's look'n good though!! -Lisa

Erin said...

So. . .are you ready for the "walked to school uphill both ways" story? j.k. When we went into the ER for James' stitches we went in at 10 p.m. and we weren't seen until 5 a.m. We had Nicholas with us because we had no idea it would be so long. Since the ER was full of other sick people, Nicholas caught a bug and was vomiting for 2 days. Oooo good times! Torsten will definitely see the ER again. I suggest investing in some dermabond (it's the glue they use) or some steristrips. That saved us on Rachel's last spill. :)