First we spent some time at Shayne and Pepper Pond's home in Soldotna where our kids got to play with their dogs and visit a two week old colt and other sweet horses. The colt licked Corinne's head and sucked on her finger. She was on cloud nine!
(Corinne just had to take these pictures of the dogs before we left.)
For the last two days we met up with Haakon's family in Hope and went to a little miniature donkey farm where the kids got to pet them and ride them etc..
For the last two days we met up with Haakon's family in Hope and went to a little miniature donkey farm where the kids got to pet them and ride them etc..
Lauren riding Donkey.
We had no idea how lovable these little donkeys could be. They just wanted to nuzzle the kids all the time never nipping or looking for treats. 
Torsten loved that too!
Corinne's cousin has a little kitten that they brought along on the camping trip and anyone that knows Corinne knows that cats are her favorite choice for a pet. She cuddled that thing the whole time we were with them.
Corinne and Oreo in Hope, AK
We look forward to the time that we can move from a one pet fish family (We do love our Beta-- Mr. Swishy MacGregor) into more pet options, but for now, we are grateful for times like this, where our children can indulge in the joys of pet ownership.
Donkey, however... will not be on the list... as sweet and gentle as they were.


6 comments:
What?!? No donkeys!? Well I guess..What great pictures you have!
I loved the pics!! They all turned out so good. I'm so glad you all came down and hung out with the animals...oh wait, and us too! :) We loved having you, and would love to have you and Mr. Squishy MacGregor Johnson visit as well.
Looks like you and your family had a great time. I didn't know Donkey's could be so cute.
You'll have to let me know where that petting farm is, it looks so authentically Alaskan and lots of fun. Great pictures and Oh Corinne looks much bigger now that I don't see her every week.
Anna AND Rachel are sitting on my lap as I am reading your blog. We are enjoying the quiet while the boys sleep in. THIS post was definitely their favorite! They were giggling and pointing and LOVING all the animals. Anna kept saying, "Corinneee!"
Great pictures! Looks like fun. I love seeing Midge with all those kiddos!
Post a Comment