This entry is long overdue! In December I did something really dumb (for full info read A little Down time) and put my family in a real bind. It is nice to have your family realize just how much you are needed as the mom....... but not while reclined helplessly on the couch. I look back and cannot even imagine what I would have done without her.... what my family would have done without her!Midge (Haakon's Mom) has achieved the status of Saint-hood in my book!
When all of this happened..... she literally dropped everything, without even a second thought, to be there for our family. It's not like this amazing woman doesn't have a lot on her plate. She is busy all the time and right in the middle of building a house etc. But she dropped everything and came to stay with us, to take care of the children, me, and the hardest part..... her son. ;)
She was tireless at doing the laundry, picking up after the kids, cleaning the house, picking up after the kids again, and still somehow managed to make gourmet dinners for us. I was definitely seeing the benefits of the cultures in which extended family live under the same roof.
I look back, and although I did not enjoy the time I spent recouping from surgery, hobbling around on crutches, and basically feeling helpless.... I do cherish the time that my children (and I) were able to have such a bonding experience with thier wonderful "Gramma Midge."
We are soooooo lucky to have you in our family! You are a great example of the kind of Grandma that I want to be! WE LOVE YOU!


1 comment:
I've told you several times how lucky you are!! Thanks, Midge, for taking care of my sis when I couldn't!!
Post a Comment