In the afternoon I went to Corinne's Parent Teacher Conference where I was surprised with a beautiful and memorable chunk of my daughter's hair which had been cut off by a sneaky classmate unknown to Corinne.
After cooking my family a delicious dinner of artichokes (my favorite!) and sending my husband off to Bishopric training for the night, I went to my very first Book Club meeting (I always thought Book Clubs were for old ladies) and had a great time hanging out with the gals in my ward.
Now some will say that it was kind of a strange birthday. Others, mostly moms, will probably not think it is any different from their birthday's. Up until now I have mostly avoided the conventional motherly birthday.
It was nothing like some of my recent birthday's past where I truly defied my status...... the last two years I went skiing....(can't do that this year, still rehabbing the knee)
Skiing last year on my b-day.(look at the snow in my front yard wow!)
the year before that we dined on a romantic dinner cruise in Mexico....

A beautiful Mexican sunset on the boat.
and almost every year we have had quite the party! (if you have attended these parties you know what I mean!)
I guess every now and then you have to have one of those birthdays that remind you of who you are. I am a mother. A 33 year old mother... and undoubtedly (if not hopefully) I will be having many more "mom birthday's" to come.
p.s. Can't go without saying thanks to Midge for saving my birthday from being a complete fiasco (and that delicious breakfast!) and Haakon for spoiling me rotten! Love you both!
Reminiscing.....
Just hours old!
On my first birthday!
p.s.s. Thanks to those who remembered! I'm impressed!


2 comments:
I guess I will soon be familiar with the "mom birthday." I'm glad you were able to live it up in birthdays past. Sounds like an interesting parent teacher conference. If you are ever here in Utah on one of your birthdays we should live it up. Drag the vard or something crazy like that.
Happy Birthday Lindsey! I used to hate "mom" birthdays until a couple of years ago I took the advice of a friend. She said my birthday is the best day of the year because "I" make it that way. Since taking her advice I love my birthdays. I usually go out to lunch with my mom and just shop and even will see a movie by myself. Before I had kids old enough to tend the others I would hire a sitter for the whole day! Glad you enjoyed yours!
Post a Comment