
(Bonnie, I hope you don't mind that I cut and pasted this entry from your blog into mine. )
I am not very savvy at linking things up and she tells this cute story about my children so eloquently. I just had to add it to my blog... enjoy!
Saturday our friend Haakon came to the office to look up a property with Jake, and brought his two adorable girls with him. This is Corinne's picture she drew on my computer. (She is 5, but if you say that in front of her you must recognize that she is 5 AND 1/2) In any case, as she was drawing this, I was studying the animal trying to figure out the last time I saw a four-legged creature that was lime green with brown stripes.
Fortunately, her little sister, Lauren looked at it and asked what we were both thinking,
"Corinn-eee, what is that?"
You could tell Corinne was a tad defensive when she replied "Can't you tell it's a tiger?"
Lauren pondered that for a moment, then stated, "Oh. Tigers are really mean."
(Corinne) "No, this one is a nice tiger."
(Lauren) "I don't like tigers. They are mean."
(Corinne) "Well then look" (She adds a smile to the tiger's face) "He's smiling, so he's not mean now."
Fortunately, her little sister, Lauren looked at it and asked what we were both thinking,
"Corinn-eee, what is that?"
You could tell Corinne was a tad defensive when she replied "Can't you tell it's a tiger?"
Lauren pondered that for a moment, then stated, "Oh. Tigers are really mean."
(Corinne) "No, this one is a nice tiger."
(Lauren) "I don't like tigers. They are mean."
(Corinne) "Well then look" (She adds a smile to the tiger's face) "He's smiling, so he's not mean now."
Why can't it be that easy to fix all the mean things in this world?
Thank you Bonnie for sharing that with me. That story is a keeper!


3 comments:
Welcome back to world of blogging. I like reading your blog. Very cute girls.
No worries girl--Share away!! :) I am glad you thought it was cute...sometimes I don't know if parents just get used to that stuff because they hear it all the time, but I was giggling about it all day.
Corinne! Very artistic! Talent runs in the family.
Post a Comment