Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Kuspuks from Grandpa

Haakon's dad has a good friend that sews kuspuks so he had her make the girls matching kuspuks. They have the Alaska State Flower the Forget-me-not in the pattern.
A kuspuk is traditional Yupik overshirt that is worn by men and women. Men just wear them for ceremony but the women wear them all the time. I think they look extra cute on little kids!


Lauren was not very excited to get pictures in the beginning if you can't tell.

Torsten felt left out so he jumped in when grandpa was trying to get the girls to smile. What do you think Grandpa was doing? Just take a look at Torsten......

4 comments:

Brett and Lex said...

HAHA! That last one is hilarious! Kuspuks do look extra cute on little kids, especially those who are already EXTRA cute!!

Kritta22 said...

:P

so cute!

Melinda H. said...

Those are really cute and at times I've thought about getting one, but then I would look like a cow!

So I need to get your number and find out more about the cream that your mom sells. Since you put the comment on a few other people have recommended it also. I think that would be more practical then the wax supplements. email me your number or the info: melinda2401@yahoo.com

You don't have much longer to go! That's gone by fast, heh? I went to dinner with some ladies in your ward, Tammy Hogue is one of them. She's awesome!

Cathie said...

Lindsay,
What a darling family! You need to post more pictures of you - I did have to go quite a few posts back to see a picture of you and be sure this is your blog! :) It was fun playing with you guys on Friday. I wanted to get some details about possibly camping next weekend. (I teach a class on Saturday mornings and I would need to get a sub for it ASAP if we are camping - so I need to know more!) Please e-mail me at CathieCoombs@hotmail.com - Happy Easter!