This winter some of my friends and I scheduled weekly ski outings where we take turns watching each others kids so that we can get out and ski. I have really enjoyed the exercise but have realized that as my belly expands my skiing time is coming to an end. This is probably as close as I will get to posting a belly shot. ha ha! This was taken at almost 7 months pregnant.
(A few people have asked what skate skiing is.... it is cross country skiing, but FAST. It is not "classic" cross country skiing. On the Olympics when you see the cross country athletes skiing really fast and pushing out to the side instead of staying in a track they are skate skiing. It is really fast and an excellent work out, but you have to have nicely groomed trails to do it. Anchorage is ranked one of the top cities for it's trail systems. One of the many reasons I love living where I do!)


3 comments:
You look great of course! What is skate skiing?
I love skate skiing and am jeleous. Its so refreshing and perfect on a brisk winter day. That burn in my lungs from the cold air....mmm
You don't look pregnant. Are you sure you are? lol
It's crazy how tiny your stomach stays when your pregnant! You can tell Haakon that my stomach has probably surpassed yours, and I'm a month behind you. Is skate skiing the same as cross country?
Post a Comment