Monday, September 7, 2009

Denali

We went on a hike while in Denali.

The kids had a great time traipsing through the tundra.



The bridge at the back of the valley over the Savage River.

Corinne and I were the only ones that were able to make the full circuit over the river...

and back out the other side.

Of course Saul was with us too!  He did his first hike at 2 1/2 weeks!  What a trooper!


Biking at our campsite with a beautiful view of Denali.


A close up of the big mountain!  You count yourself lucky when you get to see it!


Torsten having fun with the chariot tires at the campsite.  What a boy!!
On the way back we stopped at Byers Lake and hiked a little ways around it.

Lauren's clever method for dealing with the bugs.

Corinne did a great job taking this picture.  Byers Lake is a beautiful place!

2 comments:

annie said...

2 1/2 weeks after having a baby??!! Are you for real?! You're so amazing! I want to be like you when I grow up! :o)

Brett and Lex said...

I hope I'm as tough as you after I have babies! I love how active you guys are!