(Most of you probably just got our Christmas/New Years card... ha ha! They have been ready to mail for a while but I was waiting to finish this project before mailing them out. Hope it was worth the wait!)
I thought I would do a quick synopsis of all the things that I wish I would've had time to blog about over the past year since I stopped blogging. This is going to be my Johnson's 2011 Highlights mega post. There are a few of our adventures that had too many pictures so I put a link to the post about it. Enjoy.....
(Easter 2011, more pictures here)
We spent a lot of time this year enjoying the winter fun........
Haakon and I cross-country skied 25 K from the mountains behind us down to the ocean in 2 hours. It was so much fun!
and downhill skiing, of course.
Going to Fairbanks with the extended fam for the Ice Carving championship for "Spring" Break
Our summer included:
Swim lessons
Going to the sand dunes with Aunt Lexi
Soccer
Haakon was Corinne's coach this year and enjoyed it.
Gymnastics
Hiking
(Some of the hikes were with Brett and Lexi)
Biking
Enjoying the sunshine
Having an outdoor movie night on our deck.
Playing in the sand at the "beach"
Getting to go to a lake with some friends and Aunt Lexi
And even getting to make a few turns in the lake.... heaven!
Celebrating a few birthdays
Playing with Grandpa Don
A trip to Valdez with Brett, Lexi and Lexi's family before they left for Dental school in Denver. We miss them!
Our favorite trip to Katchimak Bay, this time with some friends.
You can see more pics here
Lots of fishing....
(Dip netting on the Kenai)
A visit and camping trip with my mom
(Going to church in Soldotna... we forgot the girls Sunday shoes.)

A 4 mile backpacking trip with the whole fam to Rabbit Lake
(65 lb pack for me, 85 lb pack for Haakon, phew!)
View post here
and trip to our favorite U-pick farm
Then school started and Corinne entered Fourth grade

and Lauren First grade a week later.
Haakon and I went to Colorado Springs as a reward trip Haakon won from his company. Brett and Lexi are living in Denver now so we were able to get together and have some fun with them too. View more pics here.
I was also able to take a last minute trip to visit my family in Utah and spent some very enjoyable one on one time with my siblings.
Fall brought beautiful views from our home
Moose... really big moose (in our driveway)
Wood cutting with Haakon's new chain saw that he got for his birthday
(he was in heaven)
and a visit from my dad and brother Dustin
with some fun hikes in the cold.
Halloween (see more pics here)
Thanksgiving
of course, as soon as there was snow.... we were skiing again!
This time with Saul taking his first turns.
This years Christmas video (our family does one every year) has a skiing theme....
you can view it here.
I will warn you that it is 16 minutes long.
(It will take at least that long or even longer to load.)
We had fun making it, but you will probably only watch it if you are a die hard fan..... ;)
and then, Christmas! (Christmas morning eating breakfast)
Everyone in their Christmas Sunday best.
Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!






























5 comments:
Wow! That was one mega post! You take such wonderful pictures. You family is such a delight and I love how Alaskan you are. For reals.....a camping trip this summer is a must!!!
Wow Linds, you know how to party. You are giving your children an amazing childhood. I really need to step it up in the adventure department. I enjoyed catching up. Thanks for your comment on my old blog. I have been thinking about starting it up again. You're children are beautiful and so are you. It would be fun to see the real you in person some time. Maybe 2012 will be the year. If not there is always the twenty year reunion. Whoa did I just type that. Yikes. It seems like it was just yesterday we were karaeoking to the Beatles.
Take care my friend. Love Robin
Yeah! And updated post from Lindsay! Love all the updates and great photos :) You are looking wonderful as ever! I love you :)
That was a long post. It looks like life is treating ya'll well. I like to seek into your world once and a while. Someday maybe we will visit. It's still on our bucket list. Guess what, we are moving to Texas. Aaron is now a institute teacher for Texas A&M. Come visit the Gulf of Mexico with us in February 2015 when Aaron turns 40.
I mean peek into your world.
Post a Comment