I kind of thought that I understood that song when I had to start taking the tree down at night so that the kids wouldn't whine and cry about me taking it down.
This year though...... I am crying because of the mess that the tree left behind.
I love having a real tree and we have always cut one down every year. There is just something about having the real smell of pine wafting through the house.
This year our tree was extra special. We had a terrible wind storm at the beginning of December and there were tree's all over our neighborhood that had blown down. We salvaged the top 15 feet of it from a vacant lot. (It was laying into the road.) We felt very environmentally friendly!
I kind of wonder if that might be why it died a lot quicker than most of our trees have. All you had to do was sneeze and thousands of needles would drop off.
So this is why I cried......
That picture is even taken after my children vacuumed 2 or 3 times to get all the needles up.



No comments:
Post a Comment