Thursday, November 17, 2011

The Springs and biking Red Rock

Haakon won an award trip with his company Olympus/Gyrus-ACMI and he and I were able to go on a very nice trip without the kids to Colorado Springs.

We stayed at a beautiful hotel called the Broadmoor and were treated to some wonderful food and beautiful scenery. We spent a day by the pool and having fun on their waterslides.
The next day we rented mountain bikes and spent about 5 hours biking around Red Rock Canyon and through the town. It was so nice to not have anywhere we had to be or anyone to worry about.
Ya, we were hard core....

actually this is more what I looked like. Didn't think I could handle the 5 ft drop at the bottom of the carved steps.

The second day Brett and Lexi drove out from Denver and joined us at Red Rock for some more riding. It was fun! Lexi and I had a casual day riding.....

while Brett and Haakon were racing all over the place getting a great work out.

We also visited Garden of the Gods. What a beautiful place!

On our last day I had a wonderful spa treatment and then we enjoyed walking around the grounds and checking out the golf course.

Our trip was the perfect mix of fun and leisure. Thank you Olympus!

1 comment:

Rachael said...

You guys have the coolest adventures! Glad you like CS and the Broadmoor. It's one of my favorite places!