In 2007 when Torsten was born, Haakon was able to take his first "paternity leave". We took full advantage of the opportunity and did lots of memorable things. One of our favorite trips that summer was staying in a yurt out at Katchimak Bay. We had such a wonderful time that we decided it was something we wanted to do regularly. (If you want to see pic's from our last trip to Katchimak Bay go here. It is a fun blast from the past. Our kids were so little!!!)
For Haakon's time off with the birth of Saul this was definitely one of the highlights of our summer. It was amazing!
All of us in Homer getting ready to leave on our adventure across the bay.
A little watertaxi dropped us and all of our gear off and we said goodbye to civilization for the next three days.
We couldn't have asked for better weather. It was so sunny and warm that we almost felt like we were on a beach in California.
The kids probably spent 90% of their time playing the the soft black sand on the beach.
Lots of sand castle's came and went.....
This is one of Lauren's creations.This was our kitchen. Haakon did most of the cooking. Yay!
My favorite part was the fact that there was nothing in particular to do every day but enjoy each others company. It really brought our family closer together.
Cool rock formations
Exploring while the tide was out.
Lauren's treasures.
Finding a baby hermit crab.
Beautiful scenery all around us!
We stayed at a place called Haystack Beach... the haystack like rock formations are behind me!
We decided that this must be the pitchfork.
There were several eagles that loved to hang around on the beach.
You can see the yurt we stayed at in the trees up ahead.
Hanging out with our toes in the sand. I don't think the kids had shoes on for more than 10% of our trip.
Frisbee was a favorite activity.
Yurt Sweet Yurt! We only hung out in the yurt at bedtime. It was quite cozy at night.
I loved her drawing of the otter.
They floated by every day to say hello.
We brought little fishing poles just to occupy them.




9 comments:
That sounds like so much FUN!! That is something that has been added to my list of TO DO's here!! Looks like you all had SOOO much fun!!
That looks so fun! You guys always find the cool things to do on the best weekends! :)
You should use that 2nd to last picture as your 4 kids shot! That's great!! THis looks like so much fun. I wanna go! :o) Your family has more outdoor adventures than anyone I've ever known. What fun. You're amazing! (one month old baby and you're packing through the wilderness!!)
Hi, I have not ever met you, but grew up across the street from Haakon, Ramsey and Brett, and Ramsey used to watch my oldest daughter, and my husband and Haakon used to play hockey together. Could you please email me and tell me more about this wonderful adventure that you all took. We would love to do something like this next summer. Your pictures are amazing, and I am very glad that you shared this trip with us.
mstaiger@northstar.k12.ak.us
Linds, your pictures are amazing! You could easily frame them for decoration at your home. You take great shots (not to mention it's a beautiful place!). I love your smiles, it's so Lindsay from yesteryears :) You look wonderful and I am positive you're an amazing mother!
SO FUN you guys!!! We'll have to go with you sometime!!! What a fun trip!
And your picture of the kids on the side are very cute!!
we need to get together and introduce you to little Nash!!!
Very cool! I love it you brave women with a one month old! I love the Baby Bjorn myself! What a great tradition...
Your comment about Castor Oil made me laugh. Can I still be in the "natural" club if I take castor oil?!? It's true, I am impatient!
You have a beautiful family! What a wonderful experience.
Looks like a great vacation
Post a Comment