Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Our new house!


We moved! We still live in Anchorage, just further south.
I took these pictures several months ago back when we first saw the house on the market. It was bank owned and sat vacant for a year so there were some issues etc. but we were able to get a great deal on it. (Does that surprise anyone?)
We are really excited about it and absolutely love the location. We are right on the edge of park service land and have a great view of Flat Top. (for non-Alaskans it is a well known peak here in Anchorage)
There are lots of windows and on a sunny day the light just streams in. I almost need to wear sunglasses! It is sooooo nice!
Of course, there are some things that are a little odd about the house but it isn't anything that can't be remodeled down the road. We plan on being here for a while! (I'll let you decide on your own what things we will probably be remodeling someday...... everyone has their own opinion! ha ha!)

I have taken a few more recent pics and will have to post those soon but right now if I took pictures of the inside of our house you would just see a jumbled mess of boxes and random furnishings that aren't where they belong. Organization is not my forte.

Entry and foyer/staircase to great room.

Living room/formal dining and Family room.

Kitchen......
master bedroom

Master Bath


This is a picture taken out the window in the family room. Isn't it great! And it just doesn't do it justice because the clouds are covering the mountain so I will try to take another one on a good day of our snowy peak view.

Now we have a great excuse to have friends come and visit us so please do! (Both Alaskan and non!) A bonus to the move is that we now have a guest bedroom! Yay! Can't wait to have you come and visit us in this beautiful state!

11 comments:

Katie said...

Its beautiful!

Robin said...

How exciting!! I love houses with red doors. It's always nice to look out the window and see mountains versus the neighbors. No offense to neighbors or the suburbs. Congrats on the new house.

Susan said...

Awesome!! A wrap around porch and that view- you are one lucky lady!!

Paul Bartschi Family said...

Oh, it's gorgeous!! I love love wrap arond porches. Your view makes me miss Alaska. I think a house in Alaska with a lot of windows is definately a must. We had some friends in Wasilla that had a gorgeous view also with a full wall just window. You are so lucky to have that kind of view. and that much sunshine coming through. The inside of your house also looks so beautiful. Enjoy decorating it! That's the funnest part!

Your kids are so cute. I love the picture of all your kids with their casts. They all look so adorable, but I especially love Laurens eyes in that picture. She looks so sweet.

Oh, I miss all the outdoor playing in Alaska. Wish we did that stuff as much as you guys are doing it. You won't regret a thing if you ever move. Wished we saw more of Alaska. We are well familiar with Flat Top. That was my all time favorite hike. I loved hiking to the top. Paul and I did it almost daily when we were first married. It was such a good feeling to be on top of the mountain. Flat Top is our special mountain. Enjoy that view. You are lucky!!

Carma

Melinda H. said...

I've seen that house on the internet. I am so glad that you guys got a great deal. I am very jealous of you! We are always looking and are so undesisive. It's actually a very beautiful house. I don't think too much needs to be changed. How do you like the ward? Did you change schools yet? How fun!

Brett and Lex said...

Fun pictures! How are the kids handling the move? Hope you guys are doing great!

Lisa said...

Wow! It's beautiful! Gosh, I've got to find a way to come visit! Congrats on the new home and location! We're happy for you guys!

Julie said...

I love it! Congratulations! We will be in our house until we die. I love this old house but wouldn't be opposed to moving into a new one. :o)

Smedley Family said...

Gorgeous!!! I LOVE IT!!! Room for us when we come and play games late at night to just stay over!! HAHA!! It is REALLY PRETTY!!!!

Mary Monster Mary said...

I'll come visit. Tell me when. It looks beautiful.

Leslie said...

uh, so completely jealous!