Monday, February 16, 2009

In Memory of Swishy


Our pet fish Mister Swishy MacGregor died this past week. He is our beta that we have had for the past 2 1/2 years (with only one secret replacement from an accidental...... negligence). For years Corinne begged for every or any kind of pet imaginable and had finally resorted to catching and naming a moth "Toto" for a pet. When that happened I decided I would be willing to try a pet fish. (Don't get me wrong, I love pets and have had pets all growing up but right now I am so busy with little people I just haven't wanted to deal with one more responsibility.)

Overall Swishy was a great pet. Low maintenance for the most part and I was surprised to find that fish actually do have little personalities. Needless to say, we all cried when we sent him to his watery grave. It is a sad thing to lose a pet no matter what kind.

We will miss you Mr. Swishy MacGregor.......

4 comments:

Brett and Lex said...

RIP Mr. Swishy MacGregor. One secret replacement...hilarious!!!

Paul Bartschi Family said...

Our condolensces to Mr. Swishy. That was sweet. I enjoyed reading that.

Carma

Kaye and Jared said...

That is sad!! Hope the kids are taking it well! Now it's time for something bigger like a puppy huh.... Corinne would love it!

Mary Monster Mary said...

Sniff sniff, I want a pet that's not a fish really bad but my hubby says "No WAy!"