Well folks, apparently our family has a unlucky elbow gene. (Prone to hyper extension which leads to breakage at the elbow when enough force is introduced.) A couple of weeks ago, Torsten was goofing around, rolled off the side of our bed and...... broke his arm. His left arm, at the elbow. If any of you remember back...... both of our other two children broke their left arms, at the elbow at about the exact same age of 2. Pretty amazing right.......??? (You might even call it bizarre....)

Lauren at 26 months, 2007
At first look, we were told he might have to have surgery but luckily (if I can use that term) it turned out that he only needed to have a cast. Whew! (Lauren wasn't so lucky.) See blog.
Our doctor didn't seem too surprised by our "luck" and said that these things tended to come in three's. We suggested that maybe our next child might be safe from this event when he said "No, I mean three per kid."
Not comforting.
Of course, the girls insisted we had to paint his cast just like we did with theirs. (It's tradition!) Everything Torsten loves. He doesn't quite have the patience that his sister's had so there isn't as much on his cast. What a boy!
Lauren at 26 months, 2007



7 comments:
That is incredible!!! I love that you use your artistic abilities and make their casts unique and fun! These pictures are great. I hope he heals soon.
Hey it is Michelle your roomate from Ricks. I just got in touch with Tanya and she gave me your blog address. Your family is darling! If you want to send me your email address I will send you an invite to my blog (it is private). My email is msboswell@hotmail.com.
Is there a connection here?
That is SO bizarre! I also like the casts - and had to laugh at Torsten's not being completely finished. Boys are so much more less patient in my experience too!
Somehow they still look so cute and happy even with casts weighing them down. Hopefully this "curse" doesn't carry on to kid #4(Lightening Rod - that's Brett's suggestion for his name)! Did you get the email I sent with pictures from the wedding? We love you!!
That's so crazy. They look so cool with their painted casts. I haven't read your blog for while. I missed out. I hear you guys are moving. Let me know if I can help by watching kids or cleaning etc.
Oh my gosh. That's so crazy. But what a cutie!
Post a Comment