Friday, January 16, 2009

9 years!


It's hard to believe how quickly it goes by. I feel like every year our marriage gets better and better. I think about all those couples who have been married 30, 40, 50 years or more and I can understand why it works. Because every year it gets better and better. Wow! What will that be like in 50 years!
I can't imagine my life without him. I won't gush, but I will say..... I'm pretty lucky!
We had a practical anniversary this year. (Paris for our 10-- HJ?) We went and had our baby's ultrasound (best present ever to get to see your little one kicking around and waving his little arms). That night we went to Orso's and I had two desserts. hee hee! (hey, I'm pregnant!) It was so enjoyable to be able to sit and visit and laugh and have NO DISTRACTIONS!
Our anniversary gifts to each other were a one night stay at Alyeska and a new banister for our house. I love it and I can't wait until we can get it stained to match the rest of our wood trim.
I love ya Haakey! Nine down. Eternity to go!

7 comments:

Kritta22 said...

So cute! Congrats on nine years!

Saw your mother in law last night...you best be calling me. you are my visiting teacher, you know!!!!!

Melinda H. said...

Happy Anniversary! You guys look just the same as in your wedding picture. I love your new banister and I am glad that your ultrasound went well. I am sorry I bummed out last week for girls night out. I was so sick, along with most of my family. Oh, I love the gingerbread houses. That's how we used to do it growing up, with graham crackers and icing. I loved it that way...a lot more creative.

jill 'E' jam said...

Look at you two!! I love the wedding picture!! Happy Anniversary!

Jenny said...

What a beautiful picture! Congrats on 9 years (and baby). Your family is so fun to peak in on.

Heidi said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOO! I love it I want to do it now. Ryan won't let me do anything else cause he thinks we're wasting our money dumping it into our house. Happy ani

Jessie said...

Goodness Lindsay, you are just a timeless beauty! Was your anniversary right on the 16th? If so it's a great day- Jeff and I got married on the 16th, just two years earlier, 11 years for us- good stuff!

Brett and Lex said...

Hooray! Congrats! I loved looking at your wedding pictures while I was in AK. So beautiful! 9 years later, 3 kids, 1 on the way, and still happy! Good work! :)