Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Snow!?

Picture taken April 25th.......

This past week has been pretty crazy weather even for Alaska. One day my children were out playing in the grass with no coats on and within 24 hours we had two feet of snow on the ground. It was insane! We just kept watching the snow fall and hoping it would stop. It is now down to just a few inches but I almost burst into tears when I saw snow falling again today..... It is supposed to rain all weekend. I can handle rain.... but no more snow!

Haakon digging us out

Here you can see traces of our green grass.

The yard toy the girls were playing on yesterday.... trapped in the snow.

I do have to admit, it was absolutely beautiful! All that snow made some amazing looking forms in our yard.
Torsten digging us out. The snow has already melted a lot! Yay!

4 comments:

Michelle Petersen said...

You guys got even more than us that day - I may just loose it if it happens again! :)

Smedley Family said...

How's T's lip doing? Poor little guy, I felt so bad . . . but glad I could help out with the girls. Lets do it again SOON without one of your kids getting hurt. I think it always happens to you guys at someone else's house.

Robin said...

If we got snow right now I would seriously lose it. I am not even joking. It is beautiful though. Hopefully this will be the last storm for you.

Crystalyn said...

We too had snow fall but not like that. I am glad I'm not in Alaska. Woodruff has been as hard as I can handle. We get the negative 40 below and long winters. I feel I've done my time and we are exited to move somewhere warmer in a few years. I'm glad you posted the pictures it makes me happier to see my grass.

By the way that post you did on your birthday. Where you were taken out by your friends all dressed up as old ladies. I loved it so much I'm coping you. My friend here is having a birthday Thursday and we are going to do the same.