Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Good Medicine?




The other day I handed out vitamins to my older children from the brand new container of Scooby Doo Vitamins. Hoping beyond hope that this kind would taste good to my kids. We had already been through several other types and they just haven't tasted very good to them.
I looked at Corinne hopefully as she chewed the vitamin and a sour look came across her face. Very seriously she said, "Mommy, maybe the people that make the vitamins for kids should taste them too."
If anyone recommends a chewable vitamin out there that works for your children please let me know.
(I am not a fan of GummiVitamins because they look just like candy and then I think we might run into the opposite problem and have an overdose on our hands.)
Any insights would be appreciated!

4 comments:

Kritta22 said...

Ethan and Nova like One Source Active Kids but they smell like regular vitamins to me. They like them because they have soccer and baseball dudes on them.
Growing up we used to have to take vitamins. My mom would give us our vitamin and on the counter, after she looked in our mouths :) we got to have one M&M to 'wash it down.' (And Mom got to have her share of vitamins that looked an awful like M&M's by the handful!)
I don't know, some ideas!

Michelle Petersen said...

Kali takes Julian Whitaker's Forward for kids. They must not taste too bad - she eats them down fine. I can't get her to swallow the DHA capsules without gagging yet though. I do give Corey the Gummy Vites since he's not old enough for Kali's. But you're right - I hate that they look like candy; BUT I don't have any trouble getting him to take them.

annie said...

Melaleuca vitamins are yummy... my kids will all eat them and ask for more. They also have a patented delivery system. I can send you a sample if you wanted to try them. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Costco (Kirkland) dinosaurs. They're chewables and very yummy, I think. You can't go wrong with Costco!