Thursday, April 15, 2010

I love my birthdays!

I turned 35 this year! Haakon says that my birthday seems to last all week long! It is true! I get to have lots of fun. I almost think that my adult birthdays have been more fun than my childhood ones but....... it's hard to compare or remember for that matter (eh sonny? ;) ). Overall, I just have great birthdays! (check out past fun here, and even the less exciting b-days are still great here)

For my "church friends" birthday, we went out to eat and then had a blast playing games and laughing so hard that my sides ached the next day. They are such a fun group of gals!

On my actual birthday, I got to pick what I would most enjoy doing with my family, so I went snow skiing with the girls at Alyeska. (Haakon was a saint and hung out with the boys while we went skiing.)

The day started off okay with just a little snowfall.


By the last few runs, we had wet slushy snow piling up on our heads while we skied.


My girls were troopers and skied with me longer than I thought they would. We had a great time together!

Lastly, was my birthday fun with some of my adventurous (or crazy) friends.
We decided to hike up Flat Top and then slide down it on our backsides.

(Erica, me, Cathie and Amy) Our destination in the background.


Lots of pictures. It was such a pretty day!


Here we are almost to the top. It's getting pretty steep!


Of course once we were at the top we had to do some poses with our ice pics.
Ice pics are hot! ha ha!


Here is Amy doing a kamikaze down the mountain!


Cathie's first time going down. She was a brave soul! She did better than I did my first time. I whimpered like an old lady.


Erica pausing for a shot. It was so beautiful out!


Cathie and I sliding down the lower part of the mountain. That was fun!


I had a perma-grin from that adventure and from all of my birthday fun for that matter.

I love my birthdays! Thanks to all my friends and family for making my day/s so much fun!

A FAVORITE QUOTE:

WE DO NOT STOP PLAYING BECAUSE WE ARE OLD,
WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING.

7 comments:

Lauren said...

I'm glad you had such a fun birthday. The kamikazi down the mountain looks so fun. I'd love to join in the new traditional 25K x-country skiing adventure. Your hair looks great by the way. I also love the shadow picture of saul--it's priceless!

jill 'E' jam said...

So fun!!!! Looks like you guys had a blast! Happy "late" Birthday! =)

Smedley Family said...

happy birthday lindz!! sounds like a blast!!!

Cathie said...

You are such a pretty lady! I am so happy I got to be a part of the fun! Here's to our adventures in the future! ...Now to go check out your past birthday's!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you are always having fun. That is great. 35, Yikes! Me too.

Wendy Lou said...

I was thinking of you on your birthday! Looks like you had a ton of fun :) I was in Utah being spoiled by my hubby and celebrating with family. Also announcing the news that we're having a baby in Oct! Finally.
I loved sharing my bday parties with you when we were growing up. I thought we had some fun times!
You are amazing and I'm grateful to have you for a friend :)

Bowen Family said...

Wow! I want a birthday like that. Happy Birthday! ( Many weeks late) Way to live it up.