After a very distraught Lauren learned that she would lose her toenail, I had a stroke of genius! The Toenail Fairy was born!!! Lauren actually got excited (kindof) about the venture. (Especially when she learned that the Toenail Fairy left a Webkinz under her pillow. How much more could I sweeten the pot????)
When she first learned that she would lose her toenail she burst into tears and wailed, "Mommy, I don't want to have a hole into my insides!"
Smashed toenail of my accident prone girl.
(She was getting down from a bar stool for goodness sake!)
This picture is not for the faint of heart.
She is a tough kid! She pulled it off herself. It was about a month waiting for this day so it was nice for her to have something positive to look forward to.
The letter that the Toenail Fairy left for Lauren:
Dearest Lauren,
I was so sorry to hear about your loss! I know your poor little toe hurt really bad for a long time. Losing a toenail is not a very fun thing to have happen but you were very brave!
Since you don’t lose a toenail every day(hopefully), I wanted to make it extra special for you because you are an extra special girl!
Please take good care of this sweet little fishy and remember to take extra good care of your sweet little toesies. As I always say: the best place for a toenail is on a toe!
My wish for you is that a new toenail will grow back soon and that you will have many happy memories of painting nail polish on your cute little piggy’s!
Love,
Tootsie
The Toenail Fairy
If I didn't know better I would think that Torsten was trying to get a visit from Fingernail Fairy.....
My friends suggested I put a sign up in my home that says:
" Accident free for _____ days."
I fear how often it would be at zero.


3 comments:
I threw up a little in my mouth!
Genius. What a cute mom you are Lindsay!! And I LOVE the accident free sign idea. And the bubble wrap for Saul. :) We love you guys!!
You have some tough kiddos! Let us know when you go camping! =)
Post a Comment