Sunday, March 28, 2010

Our monkey turns 3!

Birthday boy in heaven with all of his balloons!

We always make a special birthday breakfast and since Torsten requested a "Monkey" Birthday this was my attempt at making monkey waffles.

The candle has it's own story: Torsten's best buddy Corbin had just celebrated his b-day and his mom gave Torsten the candle so that we could use it on his birthday. Well, Torsten thought that candle was the greatest thing ever and carried it around with him for several days after. The first night he had it, he begged to sleep with it. I couldn't see any reason why not, so I agreed, tucked him in and left. About 2 minutes later he is calling to me to come and get something. When I get in his room he hands me a chunk off the bottom of the candle and explains that it was yucky. He had taken a bite right out of the candle! The funniest part to me was the self control that he showed all day because he hadn't taken a bite out of it 'til then!

Here is his monkey cake. I added peanut butter to the chocolate frosting to make the different color brown. Torst wanted it to have blue eyes like his. (oops! they are red right now because I can't get our photo fix to work)

Happy Birthday Torsty Borsty! We love our little monkey!

2 comments:

Smedley Family said...

cute cake lindz!

Cathie said...

You do know how to celebrate a birthday! Cute cake, cute waffles, cute, cute Torsten! I love the candle story! I hope Torstent still liked it after it was yucky!