I found Torsten using the potty seat the other day.
Just not properly. At first he thought he was pretty funny!
Then he couldn't get it off by himself......... not so fun to have a toilet seat stuck around your neck!
At least he is showing interest in the process!?
As a side note, Torsten has started a laid back appoach to potty training and goes when he decides he wants M&M's. We will get there eventually!
Tips on potty training a boy would be appreciated. I am clueless here!


6 comments:
HIlarious!! We used targets for James- something like cheerios or other floating objects that he could aim at. :o) I just potty trained Brenna two weeks ago and running around with no pants on seemed to do the trick- it took like 4 days or so, but now she's totally going by herself. When I potty trained Bret it took like 2 days of wearing underwear or nothing and it was over. He HATED pee on his legs. It helps to completely be OUT of diapers so there are no other options. I think pull-ups are a money waster (except for night time) because they are just glorified diapers to a kid and are way more dangerous (ie-poo is just a pull down away from the floor!) for parents. Okay, those are my tips. When you're ready for the "birds and bees" tips, I've got those too! :o) HAHA!
Wait until he's three! Our pediatrician told us not to even attempt with a boy before then - worked for us. I went to the grocery store and bought about one of all those junky little toys and wrapped them. Every time he went he got to open a little gift. If he had an accident he had to be them ALL back and could earn them back, one at a time, by using the potty. Only two accidents. Four days, the gifts were gone and he was still going on the potty.
Good Luck! I have a friend here whos little boy did the same thing with his potty seat. She had to cut it off him! :)
only going commando (under his pants) worked for Dominic. If he had underwear on he acted as if it was a diaper and had accidents constantly. We also used targets for going pee and gifts for when he did #2. We're working on potty training Penny right now and the verdict is still out on the method we are using, she seems to be getting it but still has accidents now and then. We emphasize clean and dry....she hates being dirty and wet.
One thing that you can never start too early (or too late) is teaching your boys them to wipe the dribbles on the toilet when they happen. If you can teach them to clean up their dribbles now, it is so much easier to clean toilets!
Good luck!
I have no tips! Sorry! Remember yours though so I can ask you one day! :) These pictures are so funny! Haha! Silly Torst!
I need tips for Abbi. Funny, we use M & M's too. She has no desire. Love the potty pics. Hilarious!!!
The day after Ammon started pre-school I had warned him not to go poopy in his pull ups. He did. Some boy called him "stinky head" and he was potty trained night and day from then on. Nothing like a little peer pressure. You are lucky if you can get him to potty train before 3!
Post a Comment