For Fourth of July weekend we decided to take our little family on a backpacking trip out to Crescent Lake with some friends.

We had the Chariot for the two little ones and Corinne hiked the whole way in and out.
We had the Chariot for the two little ones and Corinne hiked the whole way in and out.
It was 7 miles in to the lake and it there was quite a bit of tough terrain.
I stayed at the back to help stabilize the Chariot.
We were so excited when we made it there. Crescent Lake is a beautiful place.
As soon as we arrived, the kids went to the lake to throw rocks in the water. Torsten really wanted to go in the water.
In only took a few minutes before he did.......
...right after Lauren went in just ABOVE her rubber boots. Unhappy kids for a minute.

I am positive that our presence made the whole trip more...... exciting!
There were float planes coming and going all day on the Fourth of July.
We made it and had a great time! We felt such a sense of accomplishment as a family and caught a glimpse of what it must have been like for those early pioneer's who crossed the plains with their young families.
We are excited to do more trek's like this with our kids and love to prove to others that just because you have kids you don't have to stop doing the things you love. (A little more complicated... yes! But soooo worth the effort!)
HAPPY PIONEER DAY!!!



8 comments:
You guys are awesome! I love seeing the pictures after I know the stories!!
You are a great insiration to the outdoors-loving people with kids. What a great trip. Your kids are such troopers.
Your kids have probably been camping more than I have in my entire lifetime. You are the adventure family. I love it. You are creating some wonderful memories for your children.
You don't know me but I know Haakon. I am a Hirt from Fairbanks. My mom and Midge are good friends. Anyway, I check you guys out now and then and I must say you have a cool life. I wish I could move back to Alaska and if I did I would just copy you guys. What cool adventures you are having and having them with your kids!
the pictures are beautiful and make me want to come back home.
So fun you guys! Have fun in Utah and call us when you get back!
I can see by your last three posts that we have barely scratched the surface of all the fun things to do and see in Alaska, what an awesome place we live in! Where are those sand dunes by the way? My kids would think it was heaven.
We've missed you at book club, but I can see you've been having so much fun instead!!! I bet we could all have a good 3 hour discussion just listening to your adventures.
Wow! You guys are awesome. Mike and I have been talking about how to do a camping trip like this. Our gear wouldn't smoosh into those packs very well. It's too bulky. I really love doing this sort of stuff though. Maybe we'll upgrade our gear. Did you pack in all your food into those packs too? Obviously not the fish. I'm glad you caught some. I've yet to catch a fish. Mike and I are going soon on an overnight trip.
welcome home! give us a call, we'll go do something before that "thing" called school starts up again!
Post a Comment