Monday, July 20, 2009

Thank you Mom!

I was so lucky to have my mom come up and help me when Saul came. She even changed her flight and came up a day earlier than planned when I started to get hypertension. (And believe me, with her busy schedule that was a real challenge to do.) It was less stressful for me knowing that my mom was here to take care of the kids when I had the baby and I really appreciated it.
She did sooooo much for me, from cooking meals and playing with the kids, to cleaning my house and even scrubbing my toilets!!! She was amazing!! The girls commented several times that they had never seen the house so clean! (Obvious weak point in my homemaker skills.)

She had the kids make signs for the baby and I when we got home from the hospital. It was a fun thing for me because I remember making a sign for my mom when she came home from the hospital with my youngest brother.
We went to the Zoo, and she took them to Chuck E. Cheese. One of their favorite places!

My kids absolutely loved having grammy around. She really spoiled them rotten and myself too. (Did I mention that she gave me a facial also!!! I was in heaven!!) I loved having such great one on one time with her. You really cherish that when you live so far away from your loved ones.

Saul is named after my mom's dad (his middle name) and her great great grandfather Solomon Hancock. When we got home from the hospital we surprised my mom and told her that we named him Solomon and she was so happy that she cried!!! It was really special to her.

Thanks again Mom for coming up and helping me out and spending time with my children. I REALLY appreciated it! We look forward to seeing you again very SOON! (hopefully!)

5 comments:

momhirt said...

thanks goodness for wonderful mothers! you got one and are one!

Leslie said...

what a great mom!!

Robyn Hollobaugh said...

I kinda love your Mom too! How nice to spend time w/her. Congrats!! Saul is so cute. You really have such a gorgeous family!!

Brett and Lex said...

Yay for moms! What a great picture of your Mom and the kids! I think it's so special that she had the kids make a sign for you and Saul, especially because you had made one for her!! We love you guys!

WillandTara said...

I love her! It is so great to have help like that. Congrats Lindsay to having little Saul.