Well the Johnson home is officially a binky free zone. Lauren cut up her binkys happily the other night and put the tops in the garbage.
We hoped that meant it would be a smooth transition......
Her first night without it she screamed for almost two hours straight. It really was like going through drug withdrawal symptoms.
The next night we geared ourselves up for another night like before but were amazed that she only asked for it once and did not cry.
By the third night no mention was made.
We are now on day 6 and still no mention of the binky. Sweet success!

Torsten was weaned from the binky a week or two earlier and experienced less withdrawals. (The younger the better!) He still loved to get a hold of Lauren's binkys and was very confused by the missing parts.
Torsten was weaned from the binky a week or two earlier and experienced less withdrawals. (The younger the better!) He still loved to get a hold of Lauren's binkys and was very confused by the missing parts.
p.s. In case you are wondering...... Lauren fell off the swing set in the yard and gave herself a black eye.... if I get a chance I will write about it. Never a dull moment around here!


4 comments:
Way to go Lauren!!! I spent so much time reading about your adventures last night, that I had no time to comment! I think we need to buy a camper and just follow you guys around Alaska!
Happy Lauren Birthday! Sorry we missed it. Way to be binky free, Johnson family!
Ah I remember the those days. Jack was three and david 21 months and baby Sam and they all three had pacifiers (we called them GIKS) It was a sad day to for my boys when we weaned them but oh so joyous for me. ;)
Oh wow. Congrats. I dread the day.
Post a Comment