First, the most exciting news! Our family is going to be expanding by one in May of next year. We are all so happy about it and the girls can hardly wait. We find out what the gender of our new little one will be close to Christmas so I will be sure to keep you all updated. Corinne is positive it is going to be a boy. She said that Torsten needs to have a brother to play with. We are very excited either way.
The second, is that after almost five years of service, Haakon was released on Sunday as Bishop of the Centennial Park Ward. We both have had very mixed feelings about it and feel a sense of loss.... yet, we know that this is what the Lord had in mind and so we are looking forward to the growth and changes that this will bring into our lives.
When he was called as bishop we only had Corinne. Now, two and a half children later we have just gotten used to daddy being gone a lot. It was fun to have him come home right after church and have nothing to do. Of course, that didn't last long. He got busy shoveling out two driveways (one widowed sister in the ward, and a neighbor) as well as our own. (We had a major snowstorm over the weekend that buried everyone.) He then made brownies and took them to the families that he home teaches. By evening, he decided to go to bed early so he could get up early for Seminary, then realized he didn't have Seminary to go to anymore. I think he is still planning on going to youth night on Wednesday too, because he is giving a less active boy in our ward a ride.
I think he isn't quite sure what to do with all this time. It is going to be interesting to see what the future holds for us. For now, we will just enjoy where we are in life. Very blessed!
Chinese Themed Party
9 years ago



16 comments:
Congratulations Lindsay! I hope you haven't been too sick(other than the strep throat). I'm excited for you and your family.
So exciting time for you guys!
Congratulations all around!! I'm excited for your new addition!! Four is FUN! :o)
Just wanted to thank you and yours for all of the selfless service you have provided over the past years that we have been in the ward. Both Rizz and I were always amazed at the dedication of your family. To have such an amazing Bishop meant that he had to have an amazing wife at home. Thank you for all of that time and many happy family times wishes for the future. Let us know when you want to go sledding. We'd love it.
Congrats, Congrats, congrats! I've been predicting this post since we talked about this last summer...I remember you saying you wouldn't mind being pregnant this winter but didn't want to be too big during ski season! :) I've decided May would be the best month to have a baby!
Hopefully you'll all get a little break before the stake callings are made! :) Just my prediction!
you people are great! such wonderful examples. i say job well done to both you and your hub!
congrats on the new one!!
Just when I wondered if you could be pregnant by now it always happens! Congrats to you and your fam. Can't wait to see what the gender will be!
Congratulations!! Thats awesome. It will be nice to have Haakon home more to help with the new baby.
That is so nice that Haakon gets to be with his family again. I think that it's a girl.
I was seriously wondering just yesterday if you were pregnant! How funny huh?! Yeah!! I'm so excited for you guys. And...do you say congrats on the release? I can only imagine how much you all sacrificed in his calling. The new bishop has awfully big shoes to fill. Shayne will be excited...now Haakon has more time to fish...right? :)
Christy went to your ward and told us over dinner sunday what the latest was with you guys!! Exciting times! Im jealous about May. Oh well. Call me, we need to get together!!
I'm sure it's a strange feeling not having so much responsiblity but I'm confident that the time will be filled. :) Guess this baby won't be born while he's bishop after all. :) I was thinking how you mentioned that the other day you would have had 3 during his time as bishop. I think 2 is notworthy as well. :)
Congratulations! It will be fun to find out what your having. Who is the new bishop now?
Congrats! It's so fun to see pictures of your cute kids. Sorry to hear about your step throat. Too bad there are no sick days for moms.
Congratulations on all fronts!
Wow. Congratulations. I too am expecting in May. I post the results of our ultra sound. "Will the fourth be a boy too" is what is on everyone's mind. We hope to see you again this summer. Maybe with plane ticket prices so low maybe we can come up.
Post a Comment